Being more efficient is something that we all can appreciate, and this goes for our meals as well. I am always looking for ways to save time in the kitchen, and having the proper appliances at my disposable can go along way to reducing stress and hassle as you cook. Food processors or one such machine that can truly prove to be a blessing for you as you prepare your favorite recipes.
We will try to narrow down your choices by highlighting one particular food processor that we have bought and have enjoyed using over the years, the Cuisinart Prep 9 (DLC-2009CHB). Using one of these machines is a smart way to save a lot of time when preparing meals in your kitchen. Why slave over a cutting board for a few minutes when a food processor can get the job done in just a few seconds. If you are looking for ways to reduce your workload while cooking, then getting one of these for your counter is a wise move.
The Cuisinart Prep 9 Food Processor has received great reviews from various customers. It also comes from a trusted brand. Let’s get into the review and see what else we can find both positive and negative on this model.
Prep 9 Features
The 9-Cup BPA processor has a sizable bowl. Many customers have been impressed with the size bowl. Nevertheless, there are some who have considered it a disadvantage stating that the machine doesn’t hold a lot of liquid. However, it is important to note that it is not a blender and it was not designed for that given purpose. Cuisinart has given guidelines about the amount of liquid that one can safely use without experiencing any leakages; two cups of the thin liquid and six cups of the thick liquid. The bowl may take four cups of flour for making bread dough, four cups of nuts and eight cups of chopped veggies and fruits.
Size of Feed Tube
The DLC-2009 food processor has a wide mouth feed tub. The tube is able to take whole veggies and fruits, like potatoes. This greatly cuts down on the amount of pre-cuttings that you will have to do.
The included blade will help you bake like a pro. You are able to make all types of dough in this food processor from bread and cookie dough to Indian flatbreads and pizza dough. If you are making the yeast based doughs, then you will have be careful and not pulse a lot since this could heat up the bowl thus killing the yeast.
With the processor’s smooth and clean touchpad controls, you will not have to even worry about your food getting trapped inside or between the control buttons. The Cuisinart Prep 9 Food Processor has 2 speeds in addition to the off button.
- Pulse – The machine has a pulse button that lets you chop foods to the size that you want. It also gives you more control on the consistency of your final product.
- On – You will use the on button whenever you want to process continuously. For example, you can use when you are making nut butters, making herb butter or chopping hard foods.
Inside the stainless steel finish housing base, there is a powerful 600 watts induction motor that has been engineered to tackle all the tough processing tasks. The induction technology also makes the food processor to be fairly quiet, virtually maintenance free and reliable.
The standard discs which come with the this food processor are:
- Stainless steel serrated slicing disc – You can choose to use the larger feed tube alongside the slicing disc so as to quickly get even slices of the potatoes for an escalloped potatoes recipe.
- Stainless steel shredding discs – This is a great tool for shredding the cabbage for coleslaw, potatoes or even carrots for the homemade hash browns
- Chopping or mixing blade – This is simply the workhorse of these blades and they probably get used the most. It is capable of chopping cooked or raw meat and veggies, make sauces and nut butters as well as puree foods.
The machine usually comes with the Cuisinart BDH-2 Disc and Blade Holder. Since these discs and blades are razor sharp, you are advised to purchase the disc and blade holder so as to store them whenever they are not in use. The holder also has slots for 3 cutting discs, the dough, chopping blades as well as the disc stem. It’s a compact, convenient and safe way of keeping all the discs and blades clean and organized.
- The machine is very easy to clean
- The Cuisinart Prep 9 Food Processor has dishwasher-safe parts
- It has a wide-mouth feed tube
- It is also quiet thus you won’t hear any noises when using it
- The Cuisinart Prep 9 has razor sharp blades
- It also has power cord stores within the base
- The machine features a compact space saving design
- It is powerful enough to knead dough and make nut butters
- The machine shows unevenness in chopping of some things
- It has a tricky locking mechanism
- Foods get trapped in between the blades and lid
The Prep 9 is just one of the many highly rated home food processors made by Cuisinart. Maybe you need something larger and more powerful or perhaps you need something more budget-friendly. Whatever your cooking needs, Cuisinart makes a model that will more than likely be the perfect fit. Spend less time preparing your meal and more time enjoying them with your friends and family.